NSW CID works to change things for the better.
NSW CID speaks out when things don't work well.
NSW CID does this by:
- Helping people develop self advocacy or speaking up skills
- Changing attitudes
- Working with the government
- Working with the community
- Finding new ways to do things
This work is called systemic advocacy.
The big issues that NSW CID is working on are:
- Mental Health
- Criminal Justice
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- National Disability Strategy
- Transfer of NSW Government Disability Services
There are many other issues that are important too like:
- Access to Justice (voting)
- Accessible Information
- Social Security
- Capacity Building
- Early Intervention
NSW CID tries to have a say on these issues when we can.
NSW CID also work with other organisations to support their work on these.
But NSW CID is a small organisation and is unable to work on all of these as much as we would like.